Solar panels have become the best alternative to save on the electricity bill. The climatic situation that we are experiencing leads us to make a change of habits in our way of consuming, choosing a more sustainable path. Green energy or solar energy is available to everyone and has positioned itself as one of the most demanded options by individuals and companies that want to join the change. Solar energy is a way to bet on self-consumption and save on the electricity bill. With the new regulations that came into force on June 1, you will not have to be aware of the new electricity hours so that your bill does not skyrocket. We tell you how to save on the bill easily.
Tips to save on the electricity billAt home we can also acquire a series of habits to be more sustainable and to save on the electricity bill. Our country provides us with almost 3,000 hours of sunshine a year and, even though in the beginning access to solar energy was linked to the industrial sector, today prices have been democratized and homes can also install solar panels. Providing your home with the photovoltaic panels you need to meet its needs is getting easier. You can do it from home, through online pages that offer a wide range of possibilities and have personalized advice so that you feel guided at all times. In the last decade the cost of installing solar panels has dropped by as much as 70%. The good news is that you can considerably reduce the cost of the bill and switch to self-consumption.
How to start saving on your electricity bill with solar panelsThe electricity bill is one of the most important monthly expenses in the home, in addition to being a variable expense that can bring us unexpected surprises at the end of the month. If you also want to switch to green energy and start having a more sustainable home, follow these steps:
- Calculate the number of solar panels you need at home. The number will depend on your usual electricity consumption and not on the square footage of the home. The better you cover your own energy demand, the more you will save since you will not have to connect often to the electricity supply.
- Program those activities that have the most demand for electricity, such as: washing machine, dishwasher or oven, during times of greater solar radiation.
- The correct position of the solar panels will also influence the performance of the installation.
- The self-consumption rate that you hire will also be decisive for your savings.
- The maintenance of the solar panels is minimal. It is another of its advantages. We recommend that you clean them periodically so that their performance does not decrease.
- In case you must change your appliances or buy new ones, choose low-consumption appliances, since you can supply them perfectly with your solar panels.